Tuesday 21 July 2015

Tangled Treasures Coloring Book is in the house !

Tangled Treasures Coloring In book is in the house ... my house that is.

It feels very nice to hold this book in my hands.  A book that has taken many many months of thought, planning and illustrating. Not to mention the work of putting it together by the wonderful team over at CPI (Creative Publishing international and Quarto Publishing Group USA).

Mostly I will draw the cover illustration first and parts of that image will filter down through the pages like magic.    I love my first colouring book.  

For those that want to know a little about it:   Each illustration is printed on one side of the page only.  The paper is a nice heavyweight white paper that will work quite nicely with some water if you use water colour pencils.  Each illustration has a perforation to allow for easy removal from the book.     I have included some basic colour theory and information on colour techniques.  At the back I have provided two illustrations for you to try out your own colour combinations and pages for you to try out the techniques.   Here is a little sneak peek inside the covers:

The illustrations are influenced by my own drawing style and the highly popular Zentangle style (of course I am a Certified Zentangle Teacher as well).   I have included some more open illustrations as well as some that are more complex in size and density.

I hope you enjoy this book as much as I have enjoyed creating it.

You can purchase it through online bookstores and I believe it will be in great bookstores in August.

Jane xx

9 comments:

  1. This book looks fab & I love how you have chosen to print only one side of the paper as I love to colour with markers not pencils.
    ...and then I see that you are in Tassie like me, so yes, of course I now have to pre-order you book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rie, I hope you enjoy it too :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Jane! Your book looks as though it is chock a block full of beautiful treasures, treats and lovely ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book on order from Amazon.. Can't wait for it to arrive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jane it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - Your book looks fabulous, is there a link that has more samples of the pictures inside? I'm from Canada so will have to order on line and can't find any previews of either of your 2 new books.

    Also which pens and/or pencils do you recommend?

    Can't wait to start coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very beautiful and so lovely work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete