Wednesday 23 November 2011

Christmas Fruit Cake Muffin Recipe

I posted this picture over on my FaceBook page and everyone loved it ... so I thought I would share the recipe with you all here as well. 

I hope you enjoy them ... these are just mini bite sized little mouthfuls of Christmas joy.








Fruit Cake Muffins

300g unsalted butter
1200g – a mixture of currants, sultanas raisins, mixed fruit, chopped dates (really whatever you want to add as far as this type of dried berries go)
360g brown sugar
2 cups water
2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon ground ginger (powdered)
2 teaspoon mixed spice
2 teaspoon bicarb soda

Mix all the above ingredients together in a large pot and bring to the boil, allow to cool.

Once coolish ... add the following and mix really well together:

4 beaten eggs
300g Plain
300g Self Raising flour (Sift the two flours together – although I only used  600g SR Flour as that is what I had)

Mix together all ingredients well.

Add mixture to your muffin pans/cases.   Cook at 170degrees Celcius for approximately 25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.

This mix makes about 40 – 45 normal sized patty cake sized muffins.   I like to use the mini ones.

When cakes are cooked and cooled, I like to add white icing and cherries on top.
I use the roll out kind of white icing  (Orchid White Icing) available at Woolworths.
I also make a little sugar syrup (1 part water to 2 parts sugar and heat in microwave until sugar dissolved)  brush this onto the tops of the cakes while it is hot and then stick down the white icing shapes.   Sprinkle with icing sugar/powder and then I put a glace cherry on top.

If you want to make a smaller batch, just halve each ingredient exactly.

Enjoy & Merry Christmas from Jane @ Jane Monk Studio!

2 comments:

  1. yummy...i love fruitcake but the recipes i have come across seem complicated. THANK YOU MUCH for this uncomplicated version. blest be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much mixture do you use per cake? Should the cases be full?

    ReplyDelete