Friday 20 July 2012

A New Scanner & an Update

Hi everyone ... it has been a bit quiet in my household as far as Zentangle and Quilting go.  I have had a computer hard drive failure, scanner failure and have had the horrible flu.   But ... things are going again.  I am well, after a few horrible weeks with the flu.   I have a new computer and will have a super duper scanner in the next week - one that I hope will take as good an image of my drawings as it says it will ... fingers crossed.    So a big project that I have had on the backburner in regard to Zentangle, will be able to progress - so look out in August for that exciting moment.

I am also back doing customer quilting and have had a small influx of quilts which has been lovely.  More are welcome, as this is how I make my living and if I can help you to complete your quilt, that makes it all the better!

I have also had some wonderful emails and phone calls from people who have watched my Zentangle Inspired Quilting DVD ... and some entertaining stories of how they managed to finish projects.  The current Quilters Companion shows how a lady has made my Zentangle tile drawing into an embroidered insert for her bag....page #6.   It is wonderful to see, and lovely to hear from so many people who enjoyed this DVD.  I thank Quilters Companion for asking me to do the DVD and making it so easy to share my style of Zentangle with Quilters everywhere.   I have some DVD's left in my shop ...  

Okay ... I hope to have some lovely drawings to show you once I get my scanner sorted out ...so happy tangling and quilting until I see you again next week :)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better & can grace peoples quilts with your fantastic designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The DVD was fabulous, I am just venturing into FMQ, and after watching the DVD think i could "have a go" with the zen tangle style of quilting. I have been practicing a bit on paper. what a time of it you have had, hope things continue to improve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, so sorry to hear about your hard drive and your scanner. Did they really have to crash at the same time? LOL. Congratulations on your new computer. May I ask what kind of scanner you got? Can you share the links to your drawings? I bet you're done posting them by now. I'd love to see them all. :)

    ReplyDelete