Monday 4 July 2011

Giving up on this one

This is supposed to be a drawing of my husband .. you can see that I haven't finished.    I just can't get the teeth right - he has perfectly straight teeth and the mouth is not right either.   I am declaring defeat and picking another picture where his mouth is closed - lol!

Perhaps I could convince him to do a sitting for me.  I used to do portrait drawing in "quick" 40 minute sittings with pastel, charcoal or graphite ... so many years ago now but the looser quick portrait was enjoyable to do.

Cheers for now
Jane

6 comments:

  1. Keep going Jane I think your work is great

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful - I find mouths to be such a difficult feature to get right

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give up, I think he looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a good looking guy, you are such a talented artist. Keep up the wonderful posts love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everone ... I will see how I go with it. Nice for the support. And Melinda - you should see him blush when I tell him he is good looking - it is a scream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane, one thing that was mentioned to me when I did portraits in charcoal was to leave the gaps between the teeth very very light or even out altogether because it draws your eye to it and makes them stand out. Perhaps you could try erasing the lines between the teeth and see if that helps at all? Great effort though!

    ReplyDelete