Friday 22 October 2010

Believe Me When I Say ...

You CAN draw and create Zentangles.  Anyone who can hold a pen can draw - it might be a wonky line, but they can draw!  I have had a lot of people say they could never do what I do with Zentangle - of course you can't do what I do - but you can do what you do!   Everyone has a different interpretation because they are looking at it (and life) from their own unique perspective.

When asked how long Maria Thomas' beautiful calligraphy and Zentangles take her to do, Rick Roberts responds 40 minutes plus 40 years.   40+ years is how long she has been drawing her exquisite pieces, although I'm sure some of them take more than 40 minutes - lol!

So you see ... it does take practice to obtain proficiency ... but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the process and even the first piece you create in a class with a Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), will be absolutely beautiful.  Please do not belittle yourself or your ability to create.  I believe creativity is inherent in us all ... we just have to let it out a little at a time.

Hugs .... Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment