Monday 10 January 2011

Welcome to the New Year

I hope you have all had a great break over Christmas and the New Year ... I had the pleasure of spending  a week up at the highland lakes region of Tasmania ... it snowed the day after Boxing Day and we awoke to a white covering all over the camp site .. it was beautiful.   A few days later we had very hot weather, we caught quite a few Brown Trout and enjoyed some lovely meals.  I also relaxed and enjoyed the quietness of this beautiful region of Tasmania.   I Tangled a bit, well actually, a lot!

See this beautiful decorated letter Q ... I have used coloured ink and Derwent Inktense pencils to add colour.  I have nearly finished this whole alphabet ... and have enjoyed it immensely.
 On Saturday just gone I taught a One Day Zentangle Workshop in Hobart (Tasmania).   Just a small group of three, but it was a lot of fun and they created quite a few Zentangles.

Everyone had the same instruction and it is amazing how different their tangles turned out ....
 Then we shaded them - wow what a difference.
It is amazing to see everyone has a different style and approach.
 A second tile almost completed
This is one of the decorated alphabets that we created.  Mica who is a high school art teacher, drew this fantastic M and used the basic tangles that I had taught them in the morning.   When I teach the decorated alphabets we talk about flowing design through the background of the work,  you can see here that Mica has used this in his creation - beautiful.

I thought we had lost him for awhile ... he was in the Zen!

So, welcome to 2011 and another year of fantastic tangling ... I have a number of workshops coming up and more to come.

Happy Tangling for now ... Jane x

2 comments:

  1. Love what you are doing with the alphabets - must try one someday - for now I'll just keep enjoying yours! Happy New Year to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you posting again. Your decorated Q is GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete