Monday 23 August 2010

Illuminated Letter Finished & Quilt Zentangle Closeups

My Illuminated M is finished .. I have added some more watercolour.  You can see that it is a birthday card for my husband's 50th birthday - which is in October and I will be away ... the first one I have missed but I think I feel worse about it than he does!   If I do another one I would probably set it out differently but it was a great lot of fun drawing it.










Here are some more close ups of the quilt using
Zentangle patterns adapted for quilting - some need adapting, some don't.  I took these while still on the longarm being quilted - so this is the underside of the quilt.  It is funny trying to take a photo upside down!































Okay that's it for now ... hope you all like them and thanks for stopping by.   Between my two blogs I think I have had over 150 people come look at these pics since last night ... but no comments other than a few lovely personal emails to me - I would love to hear from you all, I'm sure some of you have done this before - what has the outcome been, have you been happy with the quilting process etc.

And if you haven't been to the Australian Machine Quilters Festival web site ... go on over now - they have heaps of classes to choose from and of course mine!   Cheers for now....Jane

4 comments:

  1. This quilt is amazing! I wish I had a longarm... but for now, I'll admire yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great birthday card. I love how you've integrated the writing with the tangling.

    ReplyDelete